Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Caroline Munro Archive: The Escapists, 1972

by John Scoleri

I'm back again with yet another rarity from my Caroline Munro collection, an ever-growing series here on bare•bones.

This time out, I'm sharing another instance of Caroline Munro on the cover of a novel. The Escapists is described as a 'big business' novel by Alexander Fullerton. It's worth noting that this is the 1972 paperback from Mayflower Books (583-12385-6), of which a handful of used copies are available through Amazon.


While neither the photographer nor Caroline is credited, the Jewellry (sic) is attributed to Hooper Bolton.

It is believed there are other books out there for which Caroline specifically modeled for the cover, but I've only tracked down one. Unfortunately, unless these legs are hers, it doesn't look like she appeared on any other Alexander Fullerton 'big business' novels, at least that I could find...


If you spot any in the wild, please post a comment below!

A special shout out is due to Holger Haase, fellow Caroline Munro aficionado who as far as I know was the first fan to spot her on The Escapists. Check out his excellent blog: Hammer and Beyond.

No comments: